The Tietz Center established an inpatient hospice program devoted to individuals at the end of life requiring 24 hour nursing care. Along with our many hospice agency partners, we are proud to have established the first dedicated inpatient hospice program, within a nursing home, in the borough of Queens. Spiritual support is provided by our on-site Rabbi and Director of Social Services.
Specially trained Physicians are present daily to address pain and symptom management. This specialty unit staffs highly skilled and compassionate professionals trained specifically in providing quality care associated with end-of-life issues.
- Warm & home-like environment conducive to the care & comfort of the patient and family
- Special Accommodations for families to stay with their loved one on a 24 hours basis
- Shabbos Apartment for family members
- Glatt Kosher cuisine under supervision of Vaad of Queens, available for family members
- End of life observances and rituals strictly adhered to with Chevra Kadisha